Quantcast

Euro Dream Team 2012

123

Euro Dream Team 2012

em9999
Administrator
With the comp just around the corner what are your tips and team suggestions..

share all

Re: Euro Dream Team 2012

Y_Mab_Darogan
Administrator
Russian players and of course Ronaldo and Gomez up front are a must have :o)

Re: Euro Dream Team 2012

em9999
Administrator
I was taking a liking to podolski and not just cause he signed for Arsenal .. Gomez isnt guarenteed of a starting 11 place especially with Klose knocking around...

Re: Euro Dream Team 2012

Y_Mab_Darogan
Administrator
Podolski may start on the left for the German team, Gomez seems to be the favourite son of German football.

Spain is the other interesting option, with Villa injured and Torres out of form who will play up front for them and will they score the goals for Spain.

It could be worth picking a striker from a dark horse for Euro 2012

Re: Euro Dream Team 2012

em9999
Administrator
A certain Polish striker is in form at the moment...see cant do that on fiso

Re: Euro Dream Team 2012

Y_Mab_Darogan
Administrator
Poland will be defensively solid having szczesny as goalkeeper, I have heard good things about Blaszcykowski as well.

Re: Euro Dream Team 2012

em9999
Administrator
Yeah he plays for Dormund and he's the polish captain..he's a good cheap option

Re: Euro Dream Team 2012

Redmen82
Hi just joined so hi to all. Gutted I am on my hols tomorrow so will have no forums to read on for the euro's for a week but anyway.

As I have said on another forum I think that Poland will do well. Playing at home is always big in this comp and they do have some good players that are playing for some good teams and are in form. Also there friendly results have showed some good signs too. For me this is where some bargains will come.

What do people think about holland or Portugal, everyone seems to be on the orange bandwagon but I am convinced yet. Yes they have great player but being beat by Germany 3-0 recently has that showed Portugal away to beat them.

What other player are catching your eyes

Re: Euro Dream Team 2012

Y_Mab_Darogan
Administrator
Greetings Redman, good to have a new member.
Everyone is looking at the obvious teams for Euro 2012 but of these teams the major players will be exhausted and drained from long seasons in Europe and home leagues.

It may be worthwhile looking at the lesser teams for VFM, Greece, Russia, Czech Republic etc. as you said Poland.

Of the big teams Germany should be one to watch, Poland is not too far from Germany would be akin to England playing a major championship in Scotland or Wales.

Re: Euro Dream Team 2012

Redmen82
I know off the subject but I am still new and rubbish as the sun fantasy. Can you give me some advice for next season on what to look for in preparing for the season so I can have a shot at the big one.

All advice no matter how simple it is would be great. As I am that bad

Re: Euro Dream Team 2012

Shakermeister
Every year after the end of the game I promise to make notes for next season to give me a start but fail miserably.obviously next season players may come and go , but based on this season I would keep an eye on ...
Kompany ... Best defender in the premiership , always scores well
Kyle walker , English ypl
Colocini , took some time to settle but now playing well, depends if Newcastle can keep their players !
Dempsey , always scores well , may move to another club
David silva , trailed off towards end of season due to injury but the heart of the man city creative team
Sessegnon , the only player I could remember from last year and was impressed , had him all season long . Has played as a striker at times blown a little hot and cold but is probably a standout in the Sunderland side , has had a tendency to get marked down by sun
Obviously Cisse for Newcastle ,probably Rooney , Suarez ,keep an eye on podolski for arsenal
Others on my watch list...
Pienar , felani  jelavic , Ashley Williams , vorm , Valencia , Hernandez , Caroll , Ben arfa ,bent
Generally have a look how players do pre season , but don't rely on it too much !
I usually pick a core side , 1 good defender , midfielder and striker and fill in the blanks .

Hope this helps , oh , another idea is to look at how players did in other fantasy games such as daily star , FPL etc and compare .
Hope this helps a little

Re: Euro Dream Team 2012

Redmen82
Thanks for that. Do u normally have a group of player and then spread them between teams. How many teams do you use and will that be enough to be competitive at the top of the league.
tf7

Re: Euro Dream Team 2012

tf7
These Dortmund players seem to be jackpot picks?

Re: Euro Dream Team 2012

Redmen82
Where can I get opta stats from either pay for or free

Re: Euro Dream Team 2012

Shakermeister
If you're talking premiership I don't think you can get opts stats for free anywhere .I joined the fantasy scout forum for a tenner which gets you various opts stats and is very helpful . Unfortunately the suns ratings more often or not make a mockery out of stats so not always the be all and end all.
I usually have a list of players on my radar at the season start and then just try to Whittle out a team based on last years form and less so on pre-season . Also be aware the Sun have their favourites so worth taking this into consideration . Notable past beneficiaries include Lampard , Terry , Rooney , Gerrard .... See the pattern ?

Re: Euro Dream Team 2012

em9999
Administrator
No amount of stats can help you with the randomness of the Sun.  Totally agree

Re: Euro Dream Team 2012

Y_Mab_Darogan
Administrator
The Sun will always give high scores to players who play in the Premier league ie RVP, Nasri, will all pick up high ratings from the Sun.

Re: Euro Dream Team 2012

Y_Mab_Darogan
Administrator
How on earth has this topic got 392 views?

Re: Euro Dream Team 2012

em9999
Administrator
This forum isnt just visable on my web site it is also in a forum community from the company that host it for me.  If that makes sense...

Re: Euro Dream Team 2012

em9999
Administrator
Damn this forum is so quiet at this rate i will end up sending messages to myself..
123